The Most Creative Ways To Kill Stink Bugs
How to kill stink bugs seems to be a burning question raised in recent years. If you’ve made it to this page you already have your reasons to kill stink bugs, and we encourage you to share your thoughts with us by answering the survey. We have searched the web, visited blogs, read comments, joined forums and most importantly tested some methods to kill stink bugs and we’d like to share it with you.
Please help us grow and monitor this list, by adding more creative ideas on the comment section.
Kill Stink Bugs Naturally – Kill Stink Bugs in Your Garden
- Bats are very effective predators, they’ll eat mosquitoes, moths and other pests, and yes, they kill Stink Bugs too. Where do you get bats? how about building bats house in your garden.
- Build a birds house. Some birds seem to tolerate the taste of stink bugs. Not all of them do but those who will would be a great help in your stink bugs control efforts. Titmouse, Blue birds and others have already shown tolerance to their flavor and smell. Remember that Stink Bugs have only recently invaded our land and some predators still don’t see them as potential prey. Attract them to your house, feed them dead stink bugs a few times, they’ll get the hang of it.
- Build a Chicken House, Raise Chickens and feed them with Stink bugs. Chickens eat nearly anything and have been reported to eat stink bugs to.
- Some suggest that mint leaves deter stink bugs. try placing them in small crevices and cracks around your house. I have seen stink bugs right by my mints, so I’m not too sure about it, but worth case your house will smell nice.
- Control weed around your house, as stink bugs tend to hang out there.
- Support beneficial insects population by minimizing pesticide use, especially as stink bugs prove higher resistance level to them than their predators.
- Attract beneficial insects that kill stink bugs by planting a diverse variety of plants, flowers, vegetables.
Home Made Solutions To Kill Stink Bugs:
- Drop them in rubbing alcohol. This will kill stink bugs in about 15 seconds. handling them is a different story though.
- Prepare a Nicotine spray. All you have to do is to shred some cigarettes and leave them in warm water for the night, add a couple of tablespoons of dish washing detergents and spray them on the stink bugs. This approach requires careful approach and make sure you handle the solution with care.
- Similar approach to kill stink bugs have been reported to work with a Spray composed of hot water and 1 3/4 cup of dawn soap.
- Hairspray has been reported as a good method to paralyze the bugs. It will not kill them but you may be able to deal with them with relative ease.
- Spray the bugs with hot sauce. Haven’t tried it yet, but I’m sure it’ll be a lot of fun.
- Taser them. If it paralyzes humans, it sure will kill stink bugs.
Kill Stink Bugs in Your Home
- Place Flypaper on you porch, next to your windows and doors. That’s an idea that sticks, though it may also claim beneficial insects.
- Flush them down the toilet. Highly effective yet very costly and waste a lot of water.
- Place a light trap in your home. While these can produce catastrophic result outside as they will lure more bugs into your house, If your house is sealed properly it can be effective in attracting those stinkbugs hiding in your house and killing them too.
- Use a vacuum cleaner to suck the nasty baggers. Bare in mind you have to empty the vacuum canister outside, get rid of the bag as this will stink to high heaven and attract fellow stink bugs to your house.
Whatever you do, however you choose to kill stink bugs, do not crush,squeeze, hand handle these guys, as you will carry that smelly odor for days while attracting more of them for a friendly visit.
We’d love to find out how you kill stink bugs. Please leave a comment with your own inspiring ideas or vote for your favorite method, and share this article with fellow Stink Bugs haters.